Sunday, June 20, 2021

Summer Road Trip Puzzles


Road Trips are back! Everything has been on hold for so long since the start of the pandemic, it's really awesome that people are getting vaccinated and we can get back to living! Ginny and I just made a quick road trip to VA Beach to visit family and friends. It was so nice to get out and about with fewer worries (we were still a bit nervous honestly!) 


We even got down to the beach and wandered along the boardwalk. Here's a picture of us hanging out with Neptune!

So if your family is getting ready to hit the road this summer, consider printing some puzzles to keep those kids busy in car. I have some Road Trip puzzles that I wrote a number of years ago. You can find here. There are visual puzzles, word puzzles and even scavenger hunts! I remember having a lot of fun with scavenger hunts on long car trips when I was a kid.

This blog has a list of some other fun games you can play with your kids while you drive. We played the License Plate game and the Alphabet game all the time when I was growing up. The Alphabet game is great because it requires no preparation. We always play this one cooperatively, so that everyone watches all the signs looking for the next letter of the alphabet. It is good fun! Ghost is a word game that can be played very easily in the car also. You need good spellers for this one! It's great for teens and adults. I have taught my kids these games too, and we still play them on car trips! 

I hope you all have some lovely and SAFE trips this summer!

post signature

No comments: