Thursday, October 6, 2022

Signal Flag Decoder Ring


Do your kids like codes? Download this free decoder ring and your kids can start coding up some secret messages using signal flags. They will be practicing their critical thinking skills and doing some coloring too!


I have created 2 pages of secret messages for your kids to decode. The first one is about hamsters! This page also has some room to practice encoding at the bottom.


The second page is all about toes! These are just some random facts that I encoded with the Signal Flag cipher. The decoder ring itself includes some information on how this code is used.

You can click on any of the images to download the decoder ring and the secret messages as one PDF file (answers are at the end). Make sure you have access to Google Drive on your network.

You will want to print all these pages on a color printer. The flags are harder to decode in black & white. Also, print the decoder ring on cardstock paper. Carefully cut it out, place the smaller circle on top of the larger circle, then put a brad through the center so it can turn freely.


Here is a photo of my sample. Unfortunately I no longer own a working color printer (Windows 10 issues) so mine is black & white. It is not as fun without the colors! But I wanted to post a picture of the finished product in case my assembly instructions were not clear. 

Also, if your kids like this decoder ring, I have 3 more that you can download. Just click here and you can find the collection. 

I hope your kids enjoy this little coding project!

post signature

No comments: