Monday, January 20, 2020

US State Mini Puzzle Books

 The Puzzle Den - All About Maine for Upper Levels

I just started making some US State Mini Puzzle Books! I've got 2 states done so far, Maine and California. You can find them for sale in my TpT Store The Puzzle Den. These mini books were designed to enhance unit studies for each state. Each book contains 15 pages of puzzles and activities focused on one particular state. For each state, I am releasing 2 books. One is for the lower elementary levels, so about grades 1-3. The other is for upper levels. I think the puzzles are relevant and fun to solve for kids from about 4th grade all the way through middle school. If you are consider purchasing them, do take a look at the preview for each product to see if the puzzles match the level of your students. Full previews are available on each product page at TpT.

 The Puzzle Den - All About Maine for Lower Levels

Maine's Upper and Lower levels are complete and ready for your classrooms!

 The Puzzle Den - All About California for Lower Elementary

Both levels of California are also available for purchase!

 The Puzzle Den - All About California for Upper Levels

Here are a couple of preview pages from the Lower levels California pack.




Each pack has similar puzzles but new information for each one. Many puzzles cover the state symbols, but there is also some geography, information about crops, quotations from famous natives, inventions and inventors, and much more!

You won't find a list of state symbols in these books. It's more about discovery. Thus when a student successfully solves a puzzle, they will 'discover' information about the state symbols. Some pages contain brief paragraphs with more in depth information. When I can swing it, I've even put a few math puzzles in there, for extra practice with basic arithmetic.

Kids will learn about the United States, but they will also be honing their critical thinking skills, learning to read carefully and follow directions, and practicing math skills.  There's Social studies, Science, Math and English all wrapped up in a cute little mini book!

For each state, I've done a lot of research, so I thought I should share some of the websites and articles that have helped me put these puzzles together. I didn't think to save this info while I was working on Maine, so I won't have a post for that. But watch this blog for a post about California coming soon!

I'm going to try a new strategy in my store this year. I will be offering all new puzzle packs for free for the first 3 to 5 days after posting them. If you have a TpT account, you already receive an email each day showing you any new products posted from your favorite sellers. So if you haven't already, just go to my store, click "Follow Me" and my new resources will be added to your daily email. This way you can grab all the latest and greatest for free! I really like earning money, but I also think that every student deserves good puzzles. In this way, I hope to get more puzzles into classrooms, even ones on tight budgets! You can also follow my blog as I hope to update here when each new product becomes available too.

I hope you are excited to try these new puzzle books in your classrooms!

post signature

No comments: