Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Spanish Meats Vocabulary Puzzles and Activities

 The Puzzle Den - Spanish Meats

Spanish Meats is now available in my TpT store! This is a pack of 15 puzzles and activities that help students practice their Spanish words for meats. Twelve different meats are covered. The set also includes flashcards, a vocabulary list page, and a bonus concentration game!

You can download this puzzle pack for free from my store until 8pm on Friday Jan 24th 2020. I wanted to try offering all new puzzles for free for the first 3 to 5 days. So if you'd like to grab other sets for free too, just follow my store on TpT and you will receive updates when new products are posted. This is my way to give back to all the great teachers out there!

All my Spanish vocabulary practice sets include puzzles for kids of all elementary grade levels. This is so that teachers who teach across many grades can pick and choose the right puzzles for their various kids. It's super useful for home school teachers who often teach kids over several grades at the same time.


I've added a new activity in this set called "Cut & Paste Match". Students will color in and cut out 9 different meat pictures. Then on another page they will paste them down next to their Spanish names.


I didn't have a glue stick available (don't find I need them as much with older home schoolers!), but I found my old Xyron sticker maker. It put a whole new spin on this activity! I have to admit that I'm still a kid at heart, and I thoroughly enjoyed creating and using these cute meat stickers. (Is meat ever really cute though?!)

For those who are squeamish about meats, there is only one puzzle that talks about certain meats coming from particular animals (it is the "Picture It!" puzzle). Some kids don't realize that chicken meat actually comes from a chicken. I can remember being a bit grossed out by that when it finally occurred to me! But I also wanted the puzzles to be acceptable (palatable was not a good word to use here!) to vegetarians. Learning the names of the meats is important when you are studying a language, even if you don't eat them.

Hope you find these puzzles useful for your classrooms!

post signature

No comments: