Saturday, January 11, 2014

Gluey and Gluey 2 - online puzzle games

There are a ton of terrific hands-on puzzle games out there, but let's not forget the online puzzle gaming world!

Back in the day, I maintained a page of online game links that my kids were allowed to play.  They weren't very internet savvy back then, and were happy to click on the links I provided and play to their hearts content.  I filled this page with tons of little logic puzzle style games with a few other classics, like Bloons Tower Defense.  They branched out on their own as they got older, but I still try to keep a close eye on them!

But it got me thinking today, why not showcase some of these gems here, to share with other parents and teachers who might be looking for something new for their kids?  It's amazing how much learning these young minds can do while playing a silly little game!

So this morning I'd like to share a game that doesn't involve too much logic, but is a whole lot of fun...Gluey!

My go-to game link headquarters was always PhysicsGames.net.  This website is awesome and you could feel pretty easy letting your kids play any of these games.  (Mind you, I haven't checked all of them, but I've never had any problems with inappropriate games there.)  Unfortunately, their Gluey is not working at the moment.  But their Gluey 2 is!

So here's a screen shot of Gluey.  You can play it at AddictingGames.com for now.  Try it out and see how far you get.  You have to admit, there is something addictive about these little blobs!

The Puzzle Den: Gluey Review


And if you can't get enough Gluey, try Gluey 2! 


One thing to watch out for, if you let your kids play on some of these gaming websites....ads!  Some of these ads are just not appropriate for kids (or even adults!).  I have installed AdBlock on both of my kids' browsers.  I know there is some controversy about blocking ads, as it's how websites make their money, but I don't think there should be any issue with parents trying to keep their kids safe.  So I say, do what needs to be done.  And I believe that PhysicsGames.net is ad-free.  I've been running AdBlocker for so long, I don't really know for sure, but I believe it is.  So keeping to games from that website would be another way to play online safely.

And check back next Monday!  My goal has always been to showcase a puzzle each Monday, but I've fallen quite short of that.  Maybe with a mix of online and offline puzzles, I'll find it easier to keep up?  Here's to 2014 and a new year of puzzles!

 post signature

No comments: