Saturday, September 21, 2013

Five on Friday

(Or Saturday!)

1.  Grandma and Grandpa came to visit!  This was an unexpected, but very wonderful surprise!  We were all happy to see them.  Our new house can feel like a home, now that they have been here!


2.  Gram brought a little craft for us to work on.  Rubber band bracelets!  Ginny, Gram and I made a couple of them, then Jack joined in too.  The kids realized that these were not only fun as bracelets, but also made really awesome shooting bands too!  They about laughed themselves silly shooting all kinds of things around the house...including me and Grandpa! 







3.  We made buckeye balls!  Gram suggested were play around with some strange shapes, like cannonball towers and snakes...the kids loved that idea!


4.  Lego Minifigures Series 11 is out!  J & G earned 1 figure each at the end of this past homeschool week.  They made it through without too much whining or dragging feet.  They also both aced their Science tests and Jack got a 91% on his Math test!  Hurray!  The new minifigs are awesome.  We are hoping to get a scarecrow so we can give it to Grandma for her birthday (she loves the Wizard of Oz!)  I am hoping to get a girl robot...my boy robot is lonely.  :-(  So far we've got the pretzel girl and the Yeti!





5.  I had my annual physical and was told that I'm severely anemic.  That's interesting, because as far as I can tell, I don't have any of the symptoms.  That may explain the ice chewing though....but I do love ice!  Anyhow, I'll be doing tests over the next couple weeks, and we'll see where that goes.

6.  No new puzzles this week, but I do have something fun for the younger kids and it should be ready by the end of next week!  And I guess that makes it 6 for Friday!

No comments: