Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Syllable Search - Free Puzzle

The Puzzle Den Christmas Syllable Search

A Christmas-themed freebie today!  This type of puzzle is called a syllable search.  There are clues for each word and a syllable box filled with all the syllables you will need to figure out all the words.  Work back and forth between the clues and syllables, crossing off the used syllables as you go.  When all the words are discovered, all the syllables will have been used up.

I enjoy solving these types of puzzles myself, because I often find the clues to be very tricky!  Having the syllable box really helps.  I made the clues for this Christmas Syllable Search to be easy enough for most elementary aged kids.  There are a couple that will be tricky, but encourage them to solve the ones they know first and then try to put the syllables that are left together to form words and see if anything 'pops' out!

I didn't create an answer key for this puzzle, so if you need it, please leave me a comment here, and I will get one posted.

Enjoy!

post signature

No comments: