Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Summer Break - Day 7.5 - Flexagons


Working with origami paper reminded me of a project we did last summer...flexagons! 


Watch this *awesome* video from Vi Hart to learn more about hexaflexagons.  Vi Hart truly makes math fun!

You can find templates for these little guys at a bunch of different websites.  Here are a few:


This is a picture of us from last year learning how to flex our flexagons while we ate pizza!  I challenge you to flex and eat (or some other task) at the same time!

flextangles

This year, I came across a neat tutorial for making Flextangles at Babble Dabble Do!


And, of course, I had to give that a try!  Here is my flextangle flexing through its iterations.  They are a bit easier to put together than a normal flexagon, and they're fun to flex about, but real flexagons have hidden secrets that make them even more exciting to play with!  So give some of these shapes a flex yourself and see what you think!

post signature

No comments: