Sunday, November 2, 2014
Recap of the Last Couple Weeks and Halloween!
1) This is what our front porch looked like on Halloween! We hung black tarp around the inside and had some spooky decorations around the outside.
Ginny handed out the candy. You can almost see her here. It was more spooky as it got darker out! Some kids didn't even want to come up to our house, but it really wasn't too scary.
Jack hid on the other side with stern instructions to only scare the older kids. He usually didn't have to do anything but stand there to make people jump though!
My kids were really too old to trick-or-treat this year, so they had a lot of fun coming up with decorating ideas and handing out the treats! We live on an Army base, so we had a TON of kids stop by. Ginny and I made up 120 treat bags and we ran out in just over one hour! Army kids like their treats!
2) On Halloween morning, JP graduated from his Army school (it's called FA24 course for techy geek kind of guys). He graduated number one in his class, so he gets a special coin! They say this class is about the same as a master's degree course work shoved into 9 months. He did very well!
Here's a picture with the kids. You don't catch Jack in pants but once a year, so it was pretty special!
3) I let Jack and Ginny do some meal planning over the last couple weeks. Jack decided that we should eat out at Red Lobster last Saturday...and we did! Those cheesy garlic biscuits are the BEST!
4) These are some strays that live in the bushes by JC Penneys. They were so cute! The kids wanted to catch them all (there were at least 3) and bring them home.
5) And finally, we found a dead mole cricket in our driveway. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. It took me a while to figure out what it was. Looks kind of like a crab with frog legs! These guys are apparently diggers. They have specially shaped front legs that help them shovel dirt around. I think this guy might be a short-wing variety. If you zoom in on the picture, you can see what looks like little stubby wings. He's a pretty cool looking dude! You can read more about them on wikipedia.
Hope your week was fabulous!