1) Last weekend my folks came for a visit. My mom's birthday is in 2 days, so we did some celebrating. We took her to the Augusta Aquarium to see the whale sharks, which was totally spectacular! We also hit the movies, ate at the Genghis Grill, and played a bunch of games. I just found a copy of Dutch Blitz at B&N. We used to play this when I was in high school, so it brought back fond memories. Jack and Ginny really got into it too, especially Ginny who loves to slap cards around faster than anyone else!
2) We watched an amazing video of a lady twisting bread into all kinds of shapes, so we gave that a try with Gram's homemade bread dough. Gram even made some sweet rolls for us!
3) Our PlanetBox lunchboxes came this week! This was our first lunch in them. You really can't eat on the couch without a cat coming to sit on your lap! Luckily, the PlanetBox was easy for Ginny to hold while balancing a cat on her lap!
4) Yesterday we played some family games together. Ginny absolutely crushed us at Set...you can see her mega pile of sets in the tops picture. We also played some Kill Doctor Lucky with Skylanders characters. Kill Doctor Lucky is from Cheapass Games. They come without dice or markers figuring you can dig those up around your house, and so the games are cheaper. And they're pretty fun too! You can actually download a free printable version of Kill Doctor Lucky here. Looks like they have a second game board that we have never used before...printing now... ;-) We also played some Settlers and Carcassonne.
5) Today we made our second attempt at Geocaching. We brought JP and his GPS watch with us this time to see if that would improved our odds of making a find. And it did! We actually found 2 caches!
These are the caches we found. Ginny really enjoyed this adventure, but Jack wasn't interested at all. He's really becoming more and more of a home-body. Ah well. JP's watch turned out not to be any better than my phone, but his brave hands were a big help! None of the rest of us were interested in sticking our hands into dark, creepy holes and cracks, but he was! And that's how we found the first cache! The second one was camouflaged but lying on the ground, so I was able to find that one. Ginny and I are ready for another adventure!
We also found some really pretty flowers, turtles, and berries during our hunt!
Hope you all are having a fun week!