Thursday, February 21, 2013

Turtle Puzzles Preview

I've been working on a pack of puzzles about turtles for young solvers.  My kids have been testing all the puzzles for me, and even though the puzzles are too easy for them, they are still delighted!  They love turtles.  They had to search up all their turtle stuffed animals to help them do the puzzles.  They just crack me up!  So I thought I'd share a preview of some of the puzzles I've been working on.

I'm really tickled about the Scute Number Match puzzle.  (There's a Scute Letter Match too.)  Don't ask me why, I just get excited about silly things sometimes...kinda like my kids!  In the Scute Match, the solver has to color all the matching numbers in until only one number is left that has no match.  That number fills in a trivia fact about turtles.  Here's a picture of the puzzle and the answer.



Another type of puzzle I've been having fun with is the Color-By-Number.  I'm not a great artist (I didn't draw the scutes above), but I still try.  This Color-By-Number requires solving some math problems first, and then using the answers to color in the picture.  Here's the preview of one of those puzzles.



Of course, the turtle pack will contain 20 puzzles, including word searches, crosswords, scrambles and more.  I'm thinking of adding a little bonus game to this pack too.  Hopefully it will be completed and ready for my store by this weekend!

No comments: